I think possitive vibes lead to: possitive thoughts, possitive actions and of course a possitive life style, that is why I always decide to find the best side of everything. This word needs more of this! Being in a LDR for almost 5 years (and still counting!) has taught me many things, today I wanna talk of some of the stressful situtations someone in a LDR has to live, reason why we are real strong and warriors of life!
That is why if you went through some of this situations in your LDR, you deserve a medal!
Every relationship is unique, that is why every LDR has its own ingredients, some people is sorting some problems some other couples have no idea, so here I am just telling some general:
- How to communicate your environment you are in a LDR: this is a complicated situation maybe you find it difficult because of your family, because of your friends, or what is worst: because of both… Probably you won’t avoid thinking how to make them believe in your LDR and take it seriously.
- Overcoming different time zones: this is a really difficult issue in a LDR, if you don’t have it: congratulations!! If you have it, you know what I mean: having an app telling you his/her current time or calculating his/her sleeping or waking up time, trying to fit to his/her routine can be stressful at times.
- Communication: it is essential for every relationship, sometimes it is more difficult due to time differences but it is something you need to work on.
- Cultural differences: some of the LDR are also intercultural relationships, this means you have to deal with a new culture (the one of your loved one) try to understand and in some cases try to learn a new language.
- Connection: it is true, nowadays we have great ways of communication, Internet made things easier but connection problems still exist Skype or Whatsapp calls usually get stuck and Whatsapp or Messenger also get stuck sometimes. We are so Internet aholics and it is awful when we don’t have other way of contacting him/her than through Internet. What if he/she lost the phone or has no battery? This situations can make us go crazy, is not as easy as calling his/her home!
- Calculating how much money do you need for visiting him/her: this can be really frustrating as flight tickets are not cheap, so once you learn how much, you will have to start saving and saving and saving.
- Checking prices of flights: this is like a sport, something for doing quite frequently, because prices are changing every day, every week, so if you wanna get a deal, you should be checking the flight prices frequently!
- Being a solo traveller: this can be the best or the worst, just depends on you, but probably for meeting your boo you will have to travel alone (unless you have enough money for inviting someone of your family or friends). Travelling alone has something special: you have to be prepared for everything, you have to be prepared for solving every problem by your side, this can be really stressful but in my opinion its something everybody should do at least once!
- Thinking in every visit: being in a LDR requires plannifying visits, sometimes you will have to travel and sometimes your loved one will, sometimes won’t be possible due to lack of money or lack of holidays or other problems, this is extremely hard.
- How to close the distance: this is one of the most important stages of the relationship, of course will be stressful maybe you will have to obtain a citizenship and later get a visa or maybe you just have to think where to get married and live together, as simple and as difficult as this.
For this (and probably more) reasons is that everybody who is or has been in a LDR deserves a medal, for sure this is not for everybody, so if you are in, feel really warrior and strong.
Now its your turn of sharing with us your experiences!